Thursday, April 13, 2006

The day before....

the day before

well tomorrow sees the start of a nice long Easter weekend and for me the chance to get really stuck into some good training. I’ve been looking forward to these few days for a while. it will be back to how it used to be when i wasn’t working.

the plan....

as a long time reader of Gordo’ web site (www.grodoworld.com), I’ve spent many a moment reading peoples reports of EPIC training! since I’ve been back at work its been hard 4 me to get the chance to put enough consecutive days together 2 really ramp up the volume, but this and next week will be an opportunity to do just that. Along with my good friend Wayne Keat (multi-sport nut and 'if its there I’ll race it' athlete) I’m planning on spending the next 5-6 days training, eating and sleeping. we've set minimums of 3k swim, 120k bike & 10-15k or 60 mins run each day. Wayne’s with me Friday to Monday, I’ve already done a decent 5 hours on Tuesday and will be going through to next Tuesday, before heading back into work (no doubt to endless "are you OK?" comments from colleagues :-))

tomorrow sees us start with a swim in the morning, riding 180+k to my uncle & aunties house in Cheltenham, then doing a run straight off the bike when we get there. I’ve done the ride in just over 5 hours before, so we should hit about 8 hours total tomorrow.... cant wait! Saturday will see us reversing that order to get home. I’ll save the rest for a full report to go up afterwards, some time next week on my web site.

needless to say I’m REALLY looking forward to it all. I’ve not been on top form on my bike recently, so some good solid miles in the legs will make me feel a whole lot better and having the data from the SRM's to go through afterwards will be really cool too. its all about 5 weeks out from my first goal race of the season so I’m hoping it kicks in perfectly for this.

the only thing bothering me really is this chesty cough and runny nose i just don’t seam to be able to shake. i honestly can’t remember the last time i had something (even this small) in my system for this long. very frustrating as anything above 90-95% effort is almost impossible to sustain for very long without the cough causing problems! i guess i shouldn’t be anywhere near this intensity level in the next couple of days so shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

well I’m nearly at my stop on the train, so I’ll be off for now. come back soon for more on my mini EPIC Easter camp.